73° Kilgore, TX
The Student News Site of Kilgore High School

The Mirror

The Mirror

The Mirror

For”bitten” Love for an Iconic Series

Leslie Smith
Junior Daphne Crum enjoys the first book of the Twilight saga.

The iconic Twilight saga still has many fans in awe after almost 20 years. Whether it be the books or the movies, the impact they had on the world still holds today. The Twilight series, authored by Stephenie Meyer, blends romance and fantasy. It follows Bella Swan’s journey into a world of vampires and werewolves. 

The enduring love for the Twilight series is popular for the books and in the film adaptations. The movies, starring Kristen Stewart as Bella, Robert Pattinson as Edward, and Taylor Lautner as Jacob, brought Meyer’s loved story to life on the big screen.

Fans still gather for Twilight-themed events, conventions, and online things. The series has a dedicated fanbase from different generations, with readers who grew up with the books, watchers who have only seen the movies, and fans who have watched and read it all. 

The Twilight saga goes beyond books and movies, with fans creating various forms of fan art, merchandise, and even inspiring the creation of fanfiction. The series has become something to talk about, with references in memes and silly arguments about Team Edward versus Team Jacob (It should be Team Edward).

While some may hate on certain aspects of the series, Twilight’s popularity has outruled all of the haters. Fans continue to find joy in the world Meyer started back in 2005.