75° Kilgore, TX
The Student News Site of Kilgore High School

The Mirror

The Mirror

The Mirror

Spider-Man Across the Spider-Verse

Juan Cardozo
“I love Spider-Plush,” junior Gustavo Trejo said as he poses with the famous “Spider-Plush”. After watching Across the Spider-Verse he fell in love with the character.

Spider-man Across the Spider-Verse puts together a unique animation style that blends comic book features with top of the line animation, introducing audiences to a large collection of universes, with a wide range of new spider-like people for each universe. 

On the contrary to the large cast some viewers, like junior Nolan Binford, feel that the film became a little repetitive and old as a result.

“There was a little too much fan service, too many spider people kinda became a cliche pretty quick,” Nolan said. “The first movie was maybe a little better because the characters had more charm in their introduction.”

While other viewers come to a different stance on the large amount of characters. Junior Christopher Jacobs, felt as if the movie was enhanced due to its multiverse with the animation helping make the movie more enjoyable.

“The second movie was better because it allowed for more world building, and let us explore more of the beautifully animated universes,”Christopher said. “Id recommend this movie because it’s animation and story are top north.“

Junior Mckenzie Jacobs says that the first movie was better because it shows the main character’s origin.

“I would say the first movie was better,” Mckenzie said. “I really enjoyed seeing Miles Morales learn how to use his powers, but in the 2nd movie I really liked seeing how Miles had grown and developed his abilities.”

Another aspect that received mixed reactions was the ending. Viewers were left wanting more as the movie left on a cliffhanger.  Cliffhangers can increase anticipation for upcoming sequels, but can also make viewers feel a little let down. Some left, feeling that the film left them hanging in anticipation.

Overall, this movie has mixed opinions, but many would still recommend.