75° Kilgore, TX
The Student News Site of Kilgore High School

The Mirror

The Mirror

The Mirror

February Student of the Month

Madisyn Howell
February Student of the Month

Senior Madisyn Howell is honored to be February Student Month of KHS. Being one of the top 10 ranks, having all A’s for 3 years, being an NHS member, and having a 100.7 GPA takes a lot
of time, but Madisyn is still able to include people and be around people.

“I try to be kind to everyone and include people who might feel out,” Madisyn said.

Madisyn’s proudest moment here at KHS is having a high rank and GPA.

“Being able to graduate with a high rank and GPA makes me proud,” Madisyn said.

Madisyn’s biggest influential person in her life is her mom. She looks up to her mother and is inspired by her.

“My mom is kind to everyone and is the most understanding person I know,” Madisyn said

As for her teachers, Mr. Mohn made an impact on her life here at KHS. He made her everyday class fun and exciting.

“Mr. Mohn made our class fun, and he made our projects creative so we didn’t dread learning about new things,” Madisyn said.

One of her favorite school

activity that Madiysn loved is PASS. PASS helps Madisyn to learn how to appreciate new friends.

“It is fun learning how to help people,” she said. “They teach me to overlook someone’s differences and get to know them as people.”

A class that Madisyn will miss after high school is Mr. Parrish’s class

“I will miss Mr. Parrish (Dual Credit Math) the most because I am in a class with friends and we are always laughing about something,” Madisyn said.

Throughout everything, Madisyn has a best friend Ashtyn, who has already graduated, but they always make time to see each other.

“She is someone I’m comfortable around, and she always makes me laugh,” Madisyn said.

Madisyn is planning to attend TJC for her associates degree, then transfer to the University of Alabama.

“I am planning to attend TJC to get my associates in biology then transfer to the University of Alabama to pursue a nutrition degree,” Madisyn said.

Once out of college and ten years into the future, Madisyn hopes she will be working for a

professional or a college sports team.

“I want to work for a professional or college sports team as a sports nutritionist,” Madisyn said.

But before going into the future of college and jobs, Madisyn
said she will miss her favorite community event which is SAFFE day.

“My favorite service day was SAFE day. It was such a cool event that was special to be a part of,” she said.

One of her favorite memories with her fellow seniors was senior sunrise which was new this year with the Class of 2024.

“Senior Sunrise was so fun,” Madisyn said. “I loved being with friends and being able to share our last year together.”

Madisyn sometimes wishes she could talk to her grandpa just one more time

“I would love to talk to him about life and just tell him how much I miss him,” she said.