67° Kilgore, TX
The Student News Site of Kilgore High School

The Mirror

The Mirror

The Mirror

September Employee of the Month

lo

September’s employee of the month is Amanda Craven. She is the sweet, hard working principal’s secretary here at KHS. Craven grew up in Somerville, TX, and attended Somerville High School.

Craven is married to Jay Craven and has three kids. Her biggest accomplishment is her kids.

“They have made me prouder than I could ever imagine,” Craven said.

Her husband is her best friend because he gets her unlike anyone else and is very supportive and encouraging of her.

“He makes me want to be better each day,” Craven said.

Craven’s main activities that she does in her spare time mostly consist of being with her family.

“I like to spend time with my family camping, boating, fishing, and kayaking,” Craven said.

If she had a chance to sit down and talk with anyone, Craven would choose her parents.

“I would just spend time catching up,” Craven said.

A quote she goes by is to always trust in the Lord. She chooses not to look too far into the future because she trusts him with her everything.

“Whatever I am doing, I pray it is what God would have me do,” Craven said.

Another thing she trusts the Lord with is to bring her back up to her true self if she’s feeling down.

“When life brings me down, I turn to God,” Craven said. “He is always faithful and good.”

During her time at KHS, she has had the opportunity to get to know the students and staff. The American Exchange Project is her favorite community involvement because of getting to meet new students.

“It gave me the opportunity to meet students from across the country while they were able to spend time in Kilgore,” Craven said.

Craven’s favorite Bible verse is Ephesians 3:20.

“That verse reminds me that God is greater than anything I can possibly imagine,” Craven said. “Therefore, no matter how big problems may be, or how big I may THINK they are, He is so much bigger and greater and there isn’t anything that He can’t handle.”

Craven was asked who here at KHS has made the biggest impact on her.

“I couldn’t possibly single anyone out,” Craven said. “Numerous people have made an impact and I’m thankful for all of them.”

Craven was surprised and very grateful for this award. We appreciate her hard work around KHS.

Being dependable and hardworking are just a couple of the qualities that add to the reasons she was picked for September Employee of the Month.

“I am motivated to do the best that I can for KHS. Both for my co-workers and for our students,” Craven said.