80° Kilgore, TX
The Student News Site of Kilgore High School

The Mirror

The Mirror

The Mirror

2023-2024 Fall Season of Tennis

Sophomore Cade Clark following through with a back hand in his singles match.

With the 2023-2024 Fall Season of Tennis Tennis swinging off, what is this year starting to look like?  Currently, the Varsity team has six games under their belt (four wins, two losses) compared to JV, who’s played two games (one win, one loss).

Coach Jason Maroney is working harder than ever due to the exodus of senior players graduating as the Class of 2023. Those moving forward in life include: Grayson Cavel, Bryce Borders, Drew Adamez, Axel Lira, Annabell Garvin, and Consepcion Chavarria.

“We lost half our boys and our top two girls, so we’re are a little young,” Maroney said.

“We’ll have to work hard, and the kids will have to be willing to recognize their weaknesses and work on them.”

In spite of that, the players are taking an optimistic approach to the departure of the veteran players; having high hopes to win district against strong opponents this year.

“(This season’s) going pretty well compared to the compared to last year (for me), ” Sophomore Cade Clark said.

“I have Daniel (Muir) as my doubles partner this year, who’s someone I can always rely on.”

You can find all the upcoming games for September 2023 here at the Kilgore High School website. Be sure to bring an umbrella, and some sunscreen.