93° Kilgore, TX
The Student News Site of Kilgore High School

The Mirror

The Mirror

The Mirror

Baseball: A Striking End to a Season

• JV White player Blade Chitwood gets ready to throw the ball.

• JV Red player Brody Smith pitches the ball.

• Varsity player Tate Truman waits on his ball.

The 2024 Baseball season
has been quite successful, with a record of 16-11-1 for Varsity, and 11-3-1 for JV White, District Champs. JV Red went 6-4 in District.

“The best way to celebrate a win would have to be all of us going to eat at Whataburger and having a good time,” junior Joseph Hendrickson said.

The Varsity players are Kolton Hale, Aiden Domarad, Joseph Hendrickson, Tanner Beets, Todd House, Tate Truman, Cade Henry, Jordan Pierce, Kayson Brooks, Salvador Cervantes, Colt Bullard, Kason Henry, Cason Edney, J.T. Phillips, Cade Cox, and Brody Benson.

“Henderson is always a fun team to play,” senior Tate Truman said. “I had 3 doubles in one game against Henderson.”

The JV Red players are Colt Barnhart, Daniel Garcia, Jaxon Warner, Braylon Reyes, Zevin Dent, Kashten Parham, JT Mercer, Ethan Gillis, Chase Wilcox,

Brayden Hargrove, Brayden Williams, Kason Henry, Brodey Benson, and Kayson Brooks.

“I first started playing baseball when I was 4 years old,” sophomore Kason Henry said. “I have been playing ever since.

The JV White players are Kaeson Clayton, Devin Tinney, Blade Chitwood, Brodie Smith, Jaxon Herrin, M.R. Adamez, Santiago Chirinos, Kaedyn Bell, Gunnar Barnhart, Jarrod Westerman, Tyler Edmonson, Lucas Nelson, and Gavin Wall.

“My favorite moment was when our team run-ruled Carthage 14-0,” freshman Gunnar Barnhart said. “We were the only Kilgore team to beat Carthage.”

The coaches are Eugine Lafitte, Joey Pippen, Braden Robey, and Jackson Nichols.

“I enjoy coaching at Kilgore, because of the type of young men we have,” Lafitte said. “It’s very satisfying to see all of the hard work that they have put in, with the excitement of winning.”

The Bulldogs lost to Bullard in the Playoffs.

JV White player Blade Chitwood gets ready to throw the ball. (Addi Pierson)
JV Red player Brody Smith pitches the ball.