70° Kilgore, TX
The Student News Site of Kilgore High School

The Mirror

The Mirror

The Mirror

Chick-Fil-A Spirit Night

McKayla Holland
The Carlisle family poses at Chick-Fil-A during Spirit Night.

Chick-Fil-A hosted a spirit night on Wednesday to help support the trip to the Dallas Holocaust & Human Rights Museum. A portion of the sales made will go to funding the field trip. 

“You just can’t begin to imagine that something like this could happen, to see artifacts and pictures, clothes that were worn by prisoners and listening to Holocaust survivors,” US History and World History Honors teacher Allison Shaw said. “It is such an emotional experience and something we should all remember so that this never happens again.”

Everyone was invited to enjoy some chicken, and help students be able to see and further understand an important part of history. 

“There is so much history that our students are so far removed from because of how long ago it happened,” Shaw said. “Our hope is that students will be able to take what they have been learning in history and really be able to see first hand through the artifacts at the museum and fully understand the significance of this part of history. We want them to look at the world today and understand how it has changed due to history. My hope is that they will leave with a better understanding of what took place and have lots of questions that we can discuss in class.”

Several students and staff were pulling up to Chick-Fil-A to support the school. 

“My favorite thing about Spirit Night is probably the Chick-Fil-A,” sophomore Marlee Carlisle said. “I am going (to the Holocaust Museum), and the one thing I am most excited for is seeing everything in the Museum in person.”

The night was extremely successful, and full of bonding with each other for a good cause.

View Comments (1)