73° Kilgore, TX
The Student News Site of Kilgore High School

The Mirror

The Mirror

The Mirror

Art club In The Christmas Spirits

Holly Harper
Art club Members, Evelyn Phillips, Amy Moran, Kain Brown, Jonathan Gonzalez, Tiffany Rodriguez, Linda Martinez, Shaun Casayuran, Aidan Luna, and Abigail Crump at Helping Hands.

This Christmas season the art club is going all out. On December 11, 9 art club members, Evelyn Phillips, Amy Moran, Kain Brown, Jonathan Gonzalez, Tiffany Rodriguez, Linda Martinez, Shaun Casayuran, Aidan Luna, and Abigail (Joelle) Crump, along with art teacher Holly Harper, went to Helping hands to assist people in need. Helping Hands is a Food Pantry and a non-profit organization that helps Kilgore and other East Texas citizens who are less fortunate, this organization allows for them to have food or other necessities they cannot pay for. At Helping Hands, the art club helped organize food into bags, fridges, and freezers. They also helped break down boxes and pack supplies for the less fortunate citizens of Kilgore, who would then pick them up.
“I would like to thank all 9 students,” Harper said. “All of them did their absolute best to help with whatever was needed on Monday.”
After helping out the less fortunate in having a happy holiday season, that’s not all for the art clubs Christmas spirit. The club is also hosting a Christmas party on Monday December, 18 for art club members. It will be from 3:45 – 5:30 in Mrs. Harper’s Room. Members had until 11:30 on Dec. 14 to sign up, so that they could bring enough of everything for everyone. At the party, they’ll be playing a Christmas movie, and Christmas games. The Christmas games include Jeopardy for students to win prizes, and a game of Spoons, where the winner will also be able to win a prize. There will be pizza, drinks and cookies. However, members who can make it to the party need to bring two to three dollars for the pizza. Money for the Pizza is due no later than Monday, the 18.