Scrooge the musical to be performed

Carlie Massey

Students audition for their roles

Since 1843, we’ve enjoyed the wonders and creativity of “A Christmas Carol”, but you’re going to see the unspirited “Scrooge” in a whole new way. This winter, KHS theatre is preparing to present “Scrooge, A Musical”.

“It’s a musical adaptation of a “Christmas Carol” by Charles Dickens,” theatre teacher Sally Perkins said.

Auditions began Monday, September 11th, and the cast will be picked by Friday, September 15th. The students who are chosen will begin practices shortly so they can perform astoundingly on December 8th through the 10th.

“I think it’s fun to have a musical aspect to the school and I am very excited about how it will turn out,” sophomore Ashley Hernandez said.

Students are excited to perform a play in the spirit of Christmas while sending a message about the things and people we value.

“I feel like it’d be good to entertain those who love the holidays and a great experience for us as the drama club to convey the thought to never let money or any object come between how you feel about people,” senior Braeland Williams said.

This play is not like any play that Kilgore High School has seen because it will be the first-ever collaboration between not just choir and theatre, but orchestra as well.

“Ms. Kirkland and I have a vision for this musical and I know we will have a great experience directing this play together,” Perkins said.