78° Kilgore, TX
The Student News Site of Kilgore High School

The Mirror

The Mirror

The Mirror

January Student of the Month

Bryonne Brooks

Bryonne “BB” Brooks is the January student of the month. BB is kind hearted, encouraging, and she has a very welcoming personality. BB was an All district volleyball blocker when she played, and she is on the AB Honor Roll. BB is also a 4-year varsity cheerleader.

“My favorite school activity that I am involved in is Cheerleading,” BB said. “It has given me so many great bonds.”

BB is attending Mountain View College in Dallas to continue her volleyball career.

“I plan to play volleyball and enter their nursing program,” BB said.

BB plans to major in nursing.

“I’ve always loved helping others,” BB said. “In ten years, I see myself hopefully having become a travel nurse.”

BB has helped in the community many times due to her love of helping others.

“I’ve helped with SAFFE Day, and I just loved how happy all of the kids look,” BB said.

In her spare time she enjoys working and she loves shopping.

BB is apart of an out-of-school club volleyball team.

“My favorite out of school activity is my club volleyball team because I love the sport and it’s a way to meet new people,” BB said.

Being a senior is not all easy.

“My biggest challenge this year has been remembering to not rush all of my last things,” BB said.

Going through high school alone would be terrible; that is why there are best friends.

“My best friend is Kaleigh Newlen because we just go together so well,” BB said.

Having people in your life who support you makes going through life way better.

“The most influential person in my life is my mother because she influences me to always keep going and always to work hard,” BB said.

Many teachers have impacts on students including BB’s life,

“Mr. Orta has had the biggest impact on my life because he is very encouraging and loves his students,” BB said.

BB said she appreciates all of her teachers and the things she has learned.

“The thing that makes me most proud about my time at Kilgore

High School is that I know that I received a good education from an amazing staff,” she said

BB reflected on her high school years.

“My most memorable high school experience is most definitely becoming a freshman on varsity,” she said.

If given the opportunity to talk to anyone, dead or alive BB would choose to talk to her future self.

“This might not be the right answer, but I would want to talk to my future self,” Brooks said.

Leaving high school and the familiar can be difficult for a teenager to do.

“I will miss my Spanish I class the most because I had all of my friends in there, and Mrs. Couch was the best Spanish teacher,” Brooks said.

When BB needs guidance, she remembers one guiding principle.

“The one quote or guiding thought that I live by is that everything happens for a reason” BB said.