81° Kilgore, TX
The Student News Site of Kilgore High School

The Mirror

The Mirror

The Mirror

Meet the new Hi-Stepper director

Shelbie Bailey
Mrs. Watson teaches students in dance

This year we got a new Hi-Stepper director Laycen Watson. She graduated from Texas State University. While at Texas State Mrs.Watson was a 4-year member of the Texas State Strutters.This year she has many plans for the Hi-Steppers to celebrate the 50th anniversary. “Some of these include elaborate field productions with props and Alumni Pregame dance with over 150 Hi-Stepper Alumni!” Hi-Stepper Director Laycen Watson said. She makes sure the Hi-steppers commitment to excellence and representation of KHS remains the same as it was. “I will continue to expect the team to represent KHS admirably, give back to the community, and provide entertainment to our audiences,” Watson said.

She loves to teach dance and was inspired by her many dance teachers and mentors.  “Seeing how they put in so much effort to guide me made me want to do the same for others and help them grow,”Watson said.This inspiration led her to inspire and help her own students in dance. She enjoys building many relationships with her students and always pushes them to be their best.

Mrs. Watson is very happy to be home in Kilgore once again. “There are so many people that pour into our students and continuously support them. The community that we have here is very special and it’s hard to find anywhere else!” Watson said.