March Student of the Month

Jake Thompson

Madison Donovan

Senior Jake Thompson

The March student of the month is Jake Thompson. He has received many honors and awards like being an NHS member and a 4-year Handsome in the annual Style Show, as well as being a member of the basketball team.

“I feel like I was chosen as the student of the month because I am nice to everyone, and I try my best in school,” Thompson said.

His proudest accomplishment while being a student at Kilgore is his sport.

“I am the most proud of my efforts and achievements on the basketball court,” Thompson said. “I get to do what I love with the people I love.”

Thompson was just named 1st team All District and also earned Academic All District. Although he has enjoyed playing basketball all four years of high school, it has also proven to be a challenge.

“My biggest challenge has been balancing school work with sports,” Thompson said.

Although many teachers have been able to reach Thompson, the most influential teach he has had is Johna Tritt.

“She does so much for me,” Thompson said. “She helps me out when I need it.”

Thompson believes that the most

influential person in his life is his dad. “My dad is the most influential

person in my life because he pushes me to be the best man I can be,” Thompson said.

Thompson’s favorite out-of-school activity is working out.

“It’s good for the mind and body,” Thompson said. “It takes my mind off of things.”

After high school, he plans to attend college at Texas A&M for engineering.

“It has a good program for what
I plan to do, and it is a good college town,” Thompson said. “I chose engineering because I enjoy and do well in math classes.”

In ten years, Thompson sees himself settled down.

“I see myself as an engineer and settled down with a wife and maybe even kids,” Thompson said.

Thompson’s best friend is Thomas Hattaway.

“He’s my best friend, and has been for a long time,” Thompson said. “He wants to see me win.”

During the summer, he helps out around a ranch.

“It’s outdoors away from the city,” Thompson said. “Sometimes, it can be relaxing, and it’s a way to learn new skills.”

His favorite community involvement activity is the Hi-Stepper Skeet Shoot.

“I get to see people with great skill do what they do,” Thompson said.

In his spare time, Thompson likes to do a number of activities.

“With the free time that I have, I like to shoot around the basketball, workout, and play the game,” Thompson said.

The class he will miss the most is second period college ready from his junior year.

“This class had all of my friends, and we made great memories,” Thompson said.

One thing that Thompson is the most fearful about graduating is starting over.

“I’m the most afraid of being away from home in college, and having to find new friends,” Thompson said.