The Mirror

Science club sells candy grams for fundraiser

Chelsea Pierson, Staff Writer

Science club held a fundraiser in order to raise money for their spring field trip. The science club is selling candy grams, which will be sent to students and faculty throughout the first few weeks of December.

“We hope to go to Space Center Houston, the official visitor center of the Johnson Space center, to learn about space exploration.” biology teacher and science club sponser Diana Key said.

The fundraiser idea is coming from the student council at the middle school and how they do candy grams. The concept is still the same, with a note and a heart shaped lollipop attached to the note. They are sent around the school to the person who it was bought for.

“We based it off the Stuco fundraiser in middle school, we used heart-shaped lollipops,” sophomore Ruben Estrella said.

Some members are most excited for delivering the candy grams to the students and faculty because of the reactions they might have. A lot of the members were excited to start the fundraiser and see how it would turn out.

“ I am most excited to start this fundraiser to deliver the candy grams because it brings joy to some students and it can even make their days,” Ruben said.   

The selling started on Dec. 6 at the cafeteria during all lunch times. Students were allowed to come up to a table and purchase a candy gram for anyone they would like.

The members of science club really enjoyed starting this new fundraiser and hopes to do it again.

“Depending on this years turnout,” junior and science club president Kristal Loredo said, “hopefully we can continue doing this every year and make it a science club tradition.”

About the Writer
Chelsea Pierson, Staff Writer

Chelsea is a sophomore and first year staffer. She enjoys eating, sleeping and hanging out with friends on the weekend. Her favorite netflix show is Stranger...