First House Meeting of the School Year

On Friday, Aug 24 students were excused from their second  and third period to attend their ‘house meetings’. Each team was encouraged to participate in games, come up with chants, create a house crest and logo. The students learned what each house name stood for and also created community service ideas.

“I thought it was awesome,” art teacher Martha Boyce said. “The students accepted it very well.”

Spanish teacher Diana Neal gave her opinion about the Bulldog Essentials and how it will play out throughout the next few years.

“I think that as long as our school continues to use Bulldog Essentials our students will build character and citizenship,” Neal said.

Administrators look forward to impacting students by teaching them manners, responsibilities and team work.

“Everything went pretty well and it was really organized,” drafting and welding teacher Mike Northcutt said.

Teachers aim to implement great communication skills and want to get students involved with one another.

“We hope to get everyone interacting with each other and excited about showing their house pride,” health science teacher and Coach Cheyenne Kirkpatrick said.

The next house meeting date has not been determined yet. Crests and logos will be designed and voted on by then, community service ideas will be discussed, and students will get the opportunity to learn the chants of their team.