The Mirror

Theater Department To Hold Tryouts

Back to Article
Back to Article

Theater Department To Hold Tryouts

The theater department cleans out the prop room. Students are preparing for 'Into The Woods,' the fall musical.

The theater department cleans out the prop room. Students are preparing for 'Into The Woods,' the fall musical. "I wanted to give theater a shot and it's paying off," senior Noah Strachan said. "It's taught me a lot, like how to get over stage fright and be presentable."

Carlie Massey

Carlie Massey

Carlie Massey

Carlie Massey, Copy Editor

The theater department is putting on a musical this fall called Into The Woods written by James Lapine, orchestrated by Jonathan Tunick. Tryouts for the musical will be held Sep. 4 and 6 at 4:00 p.m. in the auditorium. In order to try out, a prepared monologue and song is mandatory.

“I chose to do a fun musical with plenty of parts for all my actors,” theater teacher Sally Wooddell said. “I expect many people to show up.”

Into The Woods requires a cast and crew size of 30, with 20 cast members and up to 10 crew members.

Into The Woods is a very popular musical that I am thrilled to be trying out for,” junior Madison Celley said.

I wanted to give theater a shot and it’s paying off. It’s taught me a lot, like how to get over stage fright and be presentable.”

— Senior Noah Strachan

Anyone is allowed to try out, even those who have never participated in theater before.

“I’ve never done theater before,” freshman Carly Mauldin said. “I was nervous before, but now I’m really excited about it and ready to try new things.”

Students who want to be a part of the play but do not want to act have the opportunity to work behind the scenes as a crew member.

“I’m glad to be more involved and able to work behind the scenes,” junior Jade East said. “I’m excited for this year.”

For more information regarding the fall musical, Into The Woods, visit room 112 or Sally Wooddell.

About the Writer
Carlie Massey, Copy & Online Editor

Carlie Massey is the name and being happy is the game. Carlie is a junior, second year staffer, copy editor for The Mirror and editor for the online edition...