English class presents creative projects

English teacher Candice Fouse is doing a little presentation in her room for this exam week. This is only for sophomores in Fouse’s honors class asking if small towns are better than big cities or the other way around. For this presentation students could do a poem, a YouTube video, a collage, or many more. Some people are doing it on social media. They have to actually create an account on social media with their school email account. 

“I think allowing students to get out of the “Google Slides” box and be more creative with their presentations is so important,” Fouse said. “They have the rest of their lives to make slideshows so I don’t want to force them to do it their whole educational career!”

When students started doing the presentation and finding out how they wanted to present. One of the ways was a collage, which is a mixture of pictures, colors, and words. Anything randomly put together is a collage, and many people are doing that because it’s the “easiest.” Fouse is doing the spin the wheel, and whomever’s name it lands on they have to present. It’s a major grade, so all of the students have to present.

Fouse had her all sophomores presentation, and it has gone great  for all of the students that have presented so far. 

“Overall, I think the presentations went well today,” Fouse said. “I am excited to see the ones that come tomorrow. I love presentation days because it allows me to assess not only knowledge based standards, but also communication and feedback standards. These days are always filled with anticipation and excitement!”