Humanities 2 creates historical art gallery

The Humanities 2 class has recently been working on the construction of civilizations and how the world has come to be. Tied in with that, they briefly went over the Seven Wonders of the World. Since the class is project based, the students each had to build one of the Seven Wonders of the World on their own.

“Creating or recreating the 7 wonders was designed to reinforce understanding of significant works of engineering and architecture in early and classical civilizations,” English and humanities teacher Johna Tritt said.

The class presented the Seven Wonders of the World on Friday, October 20th.

“Our grading rubric included creativity, accuracy, and ingenuity,” Tritt said. “We were so excited when all students earned no lower than a B on this project.”

Sophomore Carl White recreated the Wall of China, building it out of wood and styrofoam with the help of his grandfather.  

“I learned that I underestimate myself and my peers,” Carl said. “We are all more creative than we give ourselves credit for and this project let us express that.”

Sophomore Anushka Pradhan’s project was certainly different from the rest of the students. She took her own path by painting a scene of one of the Seven Wonders of the World.

“This project showed me that if you are enjoying what you are doing,” Anushka said. “the work itself doesn’t feel like work.

The Humanities 2 classes are currently working on reading Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie and each student is building a map of the world. Tritt and Danny Stanley have more in store for the students this coming winter.

“The 2nd 9 weeks includes a Map of the World Project, a Murder on the Orient Express evidence board, and a couple surprises after Thanksgiving,” Tritt said.