The Ugly Christmas Sweater Contest

Senior Kialeah Pierre is crowned the Christmas Champion.

Carlos Ortiz

Senior Kaileah Pierre and Student Council Advisor Johna Tritt. Pierre is holding a victory ornament representing an ugly Christmas sweater.

The Ugly Sweater Contest is a yearly tradition where students and faculty wear ugly Christmas sweaters, get their photo taken, and students and faculty get to vote via their email during the first week of December. The top voted person after three rounds is crowned “The Christmas Champion.” The contest is sponsored and organized by the Student Council; this year marks the 5th anniversary of the contest.

“My favorite part is seeing all the creativity of the sweaters and kicking off the holiday season with some holiday fun,” Instructional Specialist, UIL Coordinator, National Honor Society Advisor, and Student Council Advisor Johna Tritt said. “We will continue the Ugly Sweater contest for as long as students and staff want to participate.”

The “Final Four” are the following: freshmen Holly Dowell, sophomore Kai Tucker, senior Kaileah Pierre, and English Teacher Shannon Miller. The Christmas Champion is Kaileah Pierre!

Since it’s my senior year, I just wanted to become more involved and go all out,” Kaileah Pierre said. “I wasn’t expecting to win but it felt amazing. Even though most people wouldn’t think it’s a big deal, I’m very proud of myself and I feel like this has been the best year of my life.”