Drafting class gets ready to start new projects

Teresa Medina

Sophomore Heath LaFleur works hard on his model house.

Yesenia Ramirez, Staff Writer

After the break, Drafting students are getting ready to start working on their new project for this year.

“We are starting our Model House Kits project this year,” drafting teacher Mike Northcutt said.

Teamwork is the key to making successful work and many teachers want to help their students give their best to create unique designs.

“The main purpose for this project is for students to learn the parts of a house, how to put it together, and work with others in a group,” Northcutt said.

Many students are working hard on finishing their work on time as in the future this skill will be needed in daily life.

As a teacher, I want my students to learn that they can do anything if they put their mind to it from this project.”

— Mike Northcutt

“My expectations for this project is for my students to complete the project in a timely manner,” Northcutt said.

Students are being taught for the future through projects that they can do whatever they set their minds too if they put effort and dedication to it.

“As a teacher, I want my students to learn that they can do anything if they put their mind to it from this project,” Northcutt said.

Being in drafting class can also help you have a vision of what students would want in the future, they get to let their imagination and creativity flow to draw their own unique designs for future houses or their own.

“Learning autocode and drawing their dream house would be the kind of projects students enjoy doing the most,” Northcutt said.