Jumanji: The Next Level movie review

Movie+snacks+

Angelica Chavez

Movie snacks

Angelica Chavez, Staff Writer

Mostly everyone can agree that they enjoy a good laugh while watching a comedy movie. Even if it’s also an action movie, we can still appreciate the entertainment. The movie, ‘Jumanji: The Next Level’ provides the perfect balance of comedy and action. The website https://www.imdb.com, rates the film a seven out of ten.

The movie ‘Jumanji: The Next Level’ is a satisfying movie to watch. There were countless parts in which to laugh. It was an enjoyable and inspirational film filled with great action to it.

The director of the film is Jake Kasdan. The main cast is Dwayne Johnson who is also known as “The Rock” from wrestling in WWE, Karen Gillan, Kevin Hart, and Jack Black. The cast when they’re not in the game in the movie is Alex Wolff, Madison Iseman, Morgan Turner, and Ser’Darius Blain. This movie seems different than the previous movie ‘Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle,’ but it has the same characters. This film is a continuation of the first, but this time Spencer’s grandfather is stuck in the body of the character Spencer wanted which is ‘Dr. Smolder Bravestone.’

Spencer’s friends and family went into the game to find Spencer, but once they were in the game, they were in different bodies of the characters. Some of them reacted to their characters which were humorous. The only high schooler that didn’t switch was Martha, but Spencer’s friends and family continued to search for Spencer.

My favorite part was when they changed characters, and when they talked throughout the movie it was funny.”

— Isabel Hogue

“My favorite part was when they changed characters, and when they talked throughout the movie it was funny,” sophomore Isabel Hogue said. 

Another recommended movie to watch is ‘Journey 2: The Mysterious Island,’ which is also a comedy rescuing action movie.