August/September Student of the Month

The Student of the Month for August/September is Kristal Loredo, who is in the top 10% of her class. She’s a GT student, UIL regional academic participant, KTV news co- anchor, and is also a member of the National Honor Society.

When she graduates, she plans on attending Stephen F. Austin State University in Nacogdoches, Texas and dreams of majoring in law.

“I plan to major in law because it has always been a goal of mine to help people get justice,” Kristal said.

She is still planing out her future.

“In ten years I see myself married with kids and hopefully working at a law rm,” Kristal said.

Throughout her high school career she has grown to love scoreboard class where they control the monitor during football games.

“Not only has scoreboard taught me how to meet deadlines, and talk to people and cameras, but it has also taught me many valuable life lessons,” Kristal said.

Media will be the class she will miss the most when she leaves.

“I’ll miss media the most, because I love creating and editing my own lms,” Kristal said.

Aside from being her media teacher, Ms. Herron is also the teacher who has left the biggest impact in her life.

“She is like a mother to me and has helped me all through high school,” Kristal said.

However, the most in uencial person in her life is Josiah Hoskins.

“The most in uencial person in my life is Josiah Hoskins, because he helps me be my best self,” Kristal said.

Her best friend is also Josiah Hoskins.

“We have each other’s back and only want the best for each other.” Kristal said.

Her biggest challenge during her high school years would have to be balancing her personal and school life.

“I want to excel in school and keep up with my grades, but also I want to maintain my friendships and relationships,” Kristal said.

There is always time to have some fun.

“I also don’t like overworking myself because I don’t think it’s fair to only work and not live in the moment every once in a while,” she said.

Aside from playing the saxophone, clarinet, ukulele and guitar, she also loves tutoring kids.

“I love helping kids learn,” Kristal said. “It makes me feel as though I am impacting their future.”

What she fears the most about graduating is not being prepared

for aldulthood, but the class that has taught her the most has been physics.

“It prepared me for the real world,” Kristal said.

The quote she lives by is “Everything happens for a reason.”

If Kristal had had the opportunity to sit and talk to someone, she would choose to talk to one of her old friends.

“I would tell them how much they meant to me,” Kristal said.