The Student News Site of Kilgore High School
Back to Article
Back to Article

Candice Fouse

Mrs.Fouse smiling at the computer.

Mrs.Fouse smiling at the computer.

Mrs.Fouse smiling at the computer.

Mrs.Fouse smiling at the computer.

Candice Fouse

English Teacher

Q:What made you want to be a teacher?

A: I loved helping people learn things that I already knew. I also love being the boss and having fun. Teaching brought together both of those aspects of my personality. Teenagers are the best to me because they’re at the perfect age of figuring out who they are, so it’s nice to be able to be influential in their lives.

Q:Where did you go to school? What were you like as a student?

A: I went to high school at McKinney North High School which is in the Dallas area. I was actually a pretty good student. I did well in English, but bombed in Math and Chemistry. I trusted my teachers and went to them for help pretty often. I loved going to a big school with a lot of different people because it taught me about cultures and backgrounds of my peers. I would say I was a pretty steady A/B (C in Chemistry) student.

Q:What’s your spirit animal?

A: Probably a llama. They know how to relax, chill, nap for hours, and just hang out, but they are also super sassy and will fight back when they feel challenged. Ninety percent of the time I’m relaxed and happy. The other ten percent can get pretty sassy, but that’s usually reserved for home ha!

Q:What was your favorite extracurricular activity you were involved in during high school?

I focused on a lot on theater in high school and club sports. I loved our theatre department because it was a pretty big deal. We had to elaborate costumes and build massive sets to bring our shows and musicals to life. We even traveled to nationals one year to put on a show in Corpus Christi. Club sports were also fun and where I met a lot of my close friends.

Q:What are your hobbies?

A: I love to watch Netflix, play at the park with my babies ( I have a two year old daughter, and a six month old son), go out to eat, read, shop, and travel.

Q:Why did you decide to come to Kilgore?

A: I head great things from teachers that I already knew that worked here and I thought I’d fit in well here. So far, I definitely have! Kilgore ISD has been very welcoming and has made me feel right at home.

Q:Who’s the most influential person in your life?

A:I would say that my step-dad is the most influential person in my life. I just call him “dad” now. He came into mine and my mom’s life when I was eight years old and has taken care of us ever since. He taught me what honesty and integrity mean and how to work hard in my educational career to get to where I wanted to be. He pushed me to set high goals for myself and to make a plan to achieve those. If I ever have a problem, I ask him his thoughts on it first. He is definitely the wisest person I know and I hope my kids get to be around him for a long, long time to learn from him.

Q:What’s your favorite part about teaching?

A:My favorite part of teaching is getting to do fun, interactive lessons where we’re up moving around the room. I love having energy in my room and seeing how my students think while still having fun. I try to get my students up and moving at least a few times a week.

Q:What’s the first thing you do in the morning?

A:Oh my gosh, I don’t even know. Most mornings my 6 month old wakes up around 4:30 or 5:00 so I guess I would say roll my eyes because it’s so early. Ha. I make his bottle and go feed/rock him until we’re both wide awake and ready to start the day.

Q:Describe yourself in four words.

A: Confident, Compassionate, Caring, and Crafty.

The Mirror • Copyright 2019 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in