The Student News Site of Kilgore High School
Back to Article
Back to Article

Hi-Stepper seniors prepare to graduate, leave behind their team

Senior Lanie Long, Sydney Bates, Brannon Russel, Sydney Bates, Kourtney Ford smile for their last performance of their high school career.

The girls leaped into the air, landing with grace as they hit their final pose. This was their last year to dance as Hi-Steppers and the girls were finally realizing it.

The senior Hi-Steppers are preparing to graduate as well as leave behind their friends as well as their dance-family. 

“Performing with my best friends on the field is what I’ll miss most,” captain Sydney Bates said. “I’ll miss officer class 6th period and getting to work with Mrs. Nash.”

Doing Drill Team for the past few years is what the seniors would say was the best time of their lives as they got to know new people and become a family.

“I love drill team because we become like a family with all of the girls on the team and learn what it truly means to respect everyone and to actually act like a team,” Sydney said. “I love this organization because of how people care for each other.”

Becoming Hi-Stepper and making memories with their forever family as the months go on creates a bond that cannot be broken.

I love making memories with my best friends ”

— Jayden Mankins

“I love making memories with my best friends and making more friendships that I will cherish forever,” First Lieutenant Jayden Mankins said.

Leaving Drill Team is giving the girls mixed emotions. They are excited to move on to the next chapter of their lives but sad to leave behind the organization that made up their high school years.

“I 100% would do drill team all over again. I never want it to end,” Lieutenant Lanie Long said. “I am so sad I have to leave this team.”

Becoming a new girl on the team is a excited feeling to have to experience something they haven’t done before.

“Take it all in,” Lieutenant Kourtney Ford said. “It goes by in a flash.”

Being a part of the Hi-Steppers organization is something to cherish the most.

“I loved being a part of this organization and the friendships I’ve made,”  senior Brannon Russell said.

The Mirror • Copyright 2019 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in