The Mirror

World History class talks about social media threats

Makayla+Rawls%2C+Hunter+Lewis%2C+Cayden+Croley%2C+and+Carter+Williams+work+on+their+social+media+writing+assignment.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Makayla Rawls, Hunter Lewis, Cayden Croley, and Carter Williams work on their social media writing assignment.

Ryan Cartwright

Ryan Cartwright

Ryan Cartwright

Ryan Cartwright, Staff Writer

In response to the internet threat towards Kilgore High School as well as other schools in the vicinity, world history teacher Adan Carrasco asked his class to write a paper expressing their feelings about the situation, and talk about the situation as a whole group.

“A time to let students express themselves on how they feel about social media threats, and also to state concerns on how its affects them naturally,” world history teacher Adan Carrasco said.

Usually in this class the students write down notes but Monday was different in which Carrasco wanted the students to be able to say what they wanted to say and explain why they said what they said. The assignment was due by the end of class but most students took their time explaining themselves, and expressing their feelings to their teacher.

“I feel that we have to take all threats serious when it comes to the safety of our students. Take all precautionary measures.” Carrasco said.

About the Contributor
Ryan Cartwright, Staff Writer

Ryan Cartwright is a sophomore and a first year staffer. He was born in Dallas, Texas and moved to Kilgore in 2016 after 7th grade. He is not currently...