Striking Into The Season

Varsity girls huddle during time-out.

After a long, hard summer of workouts the Kilgore Varsity Lady Bulldogs Volleyball bounces back after losing two out of three of their games at their tournament. The girls finished off the tournament on Saturday with a win. They played Pine Tree on Tuesday and won. Both the JV and Varsity levels won their tournament. Their hard work and dedication has rewarded them many more opportunities than just a win.

“The season kicked off to a great start, we all work together so well and get along great! I’m excited to see how the rest of our reason lays out,” said senior Niki Rawls.

The girls are very emotional during this time of the season because for most of the varsity team, this will be their last and final year playing as high school volleyball players.

“I’m sad this is my last year. It’s feels like just yesterday I was walking in the gym for my first day of two-a-days. I can say this has been so fun and I’ve learned a lot from my coaches and teammates. I’m excited for district and show everyone what we can do,” said senior Shelby Page.

The girls couldn’t have made all four years the way they did without their coach Lacy Coldiron. Coach Coldiron has taught them and guided them throughout all their four years of high school and is grateful she has been their coach.

“To even think that this is my last year makes me so upset. We’re doing fantastic so far working together and “gelling” into one whole. Coach Coldiron is a great coach. She knows the game very well and it helps that she played in high school and truly knows what it is like to be a high school athlete. I will miss her guidance and personality,”said senior Rylie Mann

The girls still have a long season ahead of them so come out and support them at their next game on Friday, September 7th in Brookhill at 4:30.