The Mirror

FHLA elects new president

Back to Article
Back to Article

FHLA elects new president

Perla Vazquez poses for electoral photo.

Teresa Medina and Yesenia Ramirez

On Aug. 31 FHLA held their first meeting in the auditorium to discuss the goals for the club and what they have planned for this year.

“We will welcome everyone back from last year and new students who will be part of the club this year,” senior Perla Vazquez said.

FHLA is a very active leadership club that serves KHS and the community in many ways. Perla is the president of the club. She went from being the most active freshmen to having the privilege to be the president and leading the current club members. 

“I am aiming for a successful  year full of events and memories! This club has taught me so much and I want to give that back to this club by encouraging students to be leaders in their everyday life.” Vazquez said.

The purpose is to foster leadership traits within the members, to encourage students to excel, to further awareness of the Hispanic Culture and to be actively involved in helping and serving in our community.

“The goal for FHLA this year is to welcome everyone who is interested in serving the community with this organization.” Perla said.

The next FHLA meeting will be held on September 14 at 7:30 in the auditorium.

About the Writer
Yesenia Ramirez, Staff Writer

Yesenia Ramirez is a junior and a second year staffer. She is a member of FHLA. She loves to read, draw, travel, explore nature and learn about other cultures...